Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Ghosts Vocals

I was poking around through some old files on my computer, and ran across some lyrics I'd tried to transcribe a while back for Clint Mansell's "Ghosts (Vocal Version)" off the Requiem for a Dream: Remixed cd. Guess I'm not sure how accurate they are, but I thought I'd share (hope it's not some copyright violation or something stupid):

speaking, avoiding talking
haunted, the voice is calling
warning, its time to set this down
not seeing, not hearing, not believing
man not even caring
this should all come down

[chorus]
its dark and i'm afraid
this is the nightmare i have made
haunted by the ghosts of you
can't win a draw
only sunsets and sunrise
are you happy
or just keeping warm
i don't know
cause i have never felt like this before
can you tell, can you see
i don't believe in me
anymore

pull me from the wreckage
of a life grown more pathetic
even i can see the message
time to treat yourself more precious
shine a light into the darkness
put some life in to the deadness
where there used to be a head nest
now its just a f***ing mess

[chorus]

wrap your beauty round me
kill the fears that surround me
a temporary diversion
just an exit from this hurt
body fueled by pain and poison
mind is stopped its rhyme and reason
acceptance is a state of mind
except you changed your mind
now i'm gone inside
confusion's bled me dry
how could it be everything
now its not anything

No comments: