Sunday, August 15, 2010

Netflix History

I'm in my 6th straight year of my Netflix subscription. I decided to see my complete history, and found that I've gotten approximately 600 movies through Netflix. A quick average tells me that's 100 movies each year, or about 1 movie every 3.5 days. That's nearly turn-around time for mailing movies. Since I'm currently on the 1-at-a-time, 2-per-month plan, I was kinda surprised. But I guess that's how averages go. In my most prolific month, I returned 20 movies. I was probably on the 5-at-a-time plan then.

Not that it's particularly useful, but I made a chart with the google chart api, showing (to first approximation) the number of movies I got each month. Basically I love coming up with excuses to play with the chart api. Anyway, here it is (even if some of the alignment isn't exactly right):
 

2 comments:

Frugal Pro said...

I thought I was the only one that did an analysis of our Netflix usage.. LOL. I also noted that we get the best deal with the two at a time plan, and tend to rent more old TV stuff than current movies. I love Lucy, Carol Burnett, All in the Family etc...you? LOL

Tom, Frugal DIY Pro
www.frugaldiy.com

sumidiot said...

I haven't gotten in to tv series through netflix, since there keep being movies. But my queue is around 10-20 now, instead of the 40-50 it once was, so it might be getting on toward time for series. These days I'm basically up to movies that looked vaguely interesting that came out recently. Cheaper than the theater, and I don't mind waiting a few months from the theatrical release.