Thursday, August 7, 2008

Bedtime FAIL

It being summer and my not having much of a schedule have ganged up on my sleep routine. They've pushed both the going to bed and the getting up hours later than normal. The other day I went for a run starting at 2 in the morning. Currently it's 5am, and I'm still reasonably awake. I had thought this would work out, but I just realized that I've got an organized group run Saturday starting bright and early in the morning, so I'd like to be back to regular sleep schedule by then. I figure the way to get back on track is to just stay up really long one 'day'. Of course, this will likely require above-average levels of caffeine. And since my run this weekend is fairly long, I'm going to need to spend at least the day before hydrating - focusing on water and perhaps some gatorade, instead of coffee and mt. dew. More than one day would be better, but I guess I'll take what I can get. Try to get lots of water in between coffee breaks.

This'll actually be my second 'all-nighter' this summer. And I don't even do that much, or have tests to cram for or anything.

Getting back on track now is also convenient because Tuesday I'm planning on waking up early-ish to drive out to Knoxville. The main point of the excursion being to see Nine Inch Nails in concert there. Since Knoxville is pretty close to the Great Smoky Mountains National Park, I'm also going to spend a day hanging out there. Totally sweet.

So anyway, there wasn't much point to any of this for you lot. But it helped me stay awake another couple minutes. On to the next adventure, after making some coffee...

No comments: